My obsession with fonts

It was yesterday when I spent about fifteen minutes of my time creating this blog. I put in about ten minutes of thought into writing a blogpost. And then I spent an eternity deciding the text font.

It's such a minor thing, really, deciding the font. Just pick a generic one that looks good and move ahead. But to me, it's like I'm a shopaholic in a clothing store. I have to try out all the font styles, because each one looks better than the earlier one, and I surely don't want to miss the most perfect font. Yes, I even try out all the wingdings. 

And yeah, I also know that the dropdowns almost always show you the style of all fonts and there's no need to try them all out, but the styles aren't displayed with the specific set of words I just typed out, and I need to know how these specific letters, in their given order, look. You may say that I have to dot all the 'i's and cross all the 't's. 

Then, after going through all the fonts, it's finally time to perform the sacred ritual of finalizing a style. I narrow down my choices to about five good ones. Any one of them could be the winner now. No going back. I make up my mind and finally pick one of them. All five of them deserved a selection, really. Unfortunately, I can't make a major mashup of all the fonts, but I'm working on that part. 

But I'm sometimes quite biased in my decisions. The current header of my blog, that beat all the other equally deserving competitors, is there not only because it looks awesome, but also because the font style is called 'rock salt'. The reason I chose it was because it was Supernatural-related. (Fyi, Supernatural is a telly show that I'm totally obsessed with. Fangirl alert!) 

I consider myself an organized procrastinator. When I can't find a reason to procrastinate, I make up my own meticulous methods to do so, the 'choosing a font' ritual being one of them. 

I try to make this ritual sound appealing, but the bottom line is that I like fonts and I love procrastinating, and this is just a combination of both those things. 

So, there. That's how much work was put into each and every font style you see on this blog. So much so that I have succeeded at writing an entire post about it. 

Wait, what? There was a font I missed? Well, here we go again! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circular Gallifreyan Appreciation Post

Seeking validation