Writing is hard!

Hello!

As you can see, I've not updated in days. That is partly because, as the title suggests, writing is hard.

Writing is an art, they said. A form of expression so splendid, it can create magnificent imaginary worlds, it can make you cry, or laugh. It brings out a range of emotions out of the reader, really, even if it is badly written.

All of that is true, but imagine this scenario. I prepare myself for writing an essay. I set up my desk, play inspiring music, get a cup of coffee to help my mind get going. Then I brainstorm all the ideas. I jot down, or sometimes mentally note the points I want to include in it. I am in the inspired state of mind. All ready to write now. Then arises the biggest question - "How do I start this thing?" I get tensed because the start is supposed to be captivating, or so everyone says. Finally, I literally end up at a loss for words. But hey, at least I wrote the title of the essay down. That is serious progress.

Some times, it so happens that I can't find the right words. It's the worst when I'm writing a poem. I write the first line down, then I can't find anything that rhymes. Not even a word that can make the poem sound so awesome that it doesn't need a rhyme scheme. Times like these are when I relate to Tyler Joseph. He too wishes he didn't have to rhyme every time he sings. I get you, Ty.

A thesaurus helps, though. It is the best tool for converting an awesome sentence into an even more amazing one, because it gives you splendid ways of making that magnificent sentence sound brilliantly-written, by just suggesting a few formidable synonyms. Wonderful! Of course, I use it sparsely.

The bottom line is, no matter what, writing is hard. But that doesn't mean that you give up. Let me tell you, finally writing the part you wanted to write in the first place gives you such satisfaction that it makes the 'writing the start' stage worth it.

So there! A short post written about writing. Well, technically it's typed out, but you get it. Gosh! Even writing about writing being hard is difficult. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circular Gallifreyan Appreciation Post

Seeking validation

My obsession with fonts