Circular Gallifreyan Appreciation Post

You've heard of Klingon, now get ready for Circular Gallifreyan!

Circular Gallifreyan is the writing script of the Time Lords of Gallifrey, as seen in the telly show Doctor Who. Though it is hard to translate or write, this fictional invention is really amazing.

I mean, it makes really boring sentences look awesome! Like this one :


Yeah, "bowties are cool" is also a Whovian inside joke, but still, look how awesome that is! 

I'll just go ahead and post some more of these, because circular Gallifreyan is the best thing since sliced bread (atleast I believe so)


"Allons-y!"


"Take a sad song and make it better"(a.k.a. the lyrics to 'Hey Jude')


"I have loved the stars too fondly to be afraid of the night"


"This is circular Gallifreyan" (that's circular-ception!)


I also came across this brilliant Tumblr post the other day:


If you're thinking that this is just a made-up script with no particular rules or grammar, let me stop you there. If you Google 'circular Gallifreyan' you'll find tons of links directing to sites which tell you how to read it, translate it and if you put in some effort, you can even write it yourself! Also, there are apps you can download that translate English text into circular Gallifreyan. (If you're a Whovian, I can tell you that there's an app that can make your recorded voice sound like a Dalek. Go on, try it, it's fun! )

I'm sure most of this doesn't make any sense to you and I probably lost you at "Time Lords of Gallifrey", but if you did get it, ten points to Gryffindor! (Er, or whichever house you belong to)

-Nez
(Yes, that's my Gallifreyan circle signature )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My obsession with fonts

Seeking validation